Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stomp pads - I just don't get them them.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
I like stomp pads...the other day I didn't feel like strapping it just to do one quick green run on the way to the lodge pub, so I did it one foot...stomp pad made all the difference since my top sheet is slick as shit. Do I need it to get off a lift? No... But I like having one the other times you have to ride one foot. I would rather not destroy my knees in a one-foot wipe out and any little bit helps.

Things I think look totally stupid in comparison to a stomp pad:

- tons of stickers (are you sponsered? No?... Then quit that shit)
- giant headphones (in-helmet or in-ear or get lost. You're not spinning vinyl on the hill DJ, you look like an idiot)
- long baggy hoodies, shirts, jackets, etc... Just looks terrible
- GoPro on top of your helmet? You look like a retarded teletubby.. buy a Contour

Opinions are like assholes
I agree with the sticker comment.

I have a Sessions Mob Stripe jacket; the collar has pockets on both sides for headphones, like the Skull Candy discs that fit in helmets...add a little 4 watt amp and they kick ass, are invisible, don't get yanked out of your ears, and have a remote for vol and pause/play/skip.

I agree with just about anything regarding the long baggy clothes. Ugh.

But the comment about the GoPro is just stupid. It is a GREAT camera, and just because you like the shape of the Contour, you still have a the protrusion on your helmet. And not everybody uses the GoPro on their helmet, or even on the mountain. Mine has come in damned handy while surfing and diving. The Contour might be all you want/need, but the GoPro still sets the standard. I don't care what it looks like...I can't see it while I'm riding.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote