Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Woes of a Noob... TLDR
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

dog,
rest your ankle, ice/warm/ice/warm, range of motion and keep the swelling down. Ankle injuries is not taken care of can come back and haunt you for a looong time.

some days just suck....ride to ride another day and don't waste your self for a season. Yesterday...day 6 of season 10-11, age 54, I sucked...my front shin muscle was killing me, could not get any power for toeside and my body was not able to handle only 1 days rest...rode on sat. my mind said i can do more but my body was not into it.

all instructors are not created equal nor are a good match nor may have the skills to help you learn.

don't worry about the terrain of the hill some are more mellow and some are steep...baker is a bitch to learn on...i thought the bunny hill was steep til a bud took me up a couple of double blacks....it gave me perspective and was then able to attack the bunny hill...just a matter of mental perspective.

as for calf burn, part is technique, part is lactic acid/hydration, muscle strength/conditioning. I still have calf burn for 2-3 runs then it goes away.

it sounds like the instructor was too much ego into being an instructor...instead of helping you to learn