Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gopro mount advice
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Well shit. I really want to use this thing but I just don't like the idea of helmet mount.

Watched a board mount and it looked good, but it was groomer riding.

Now that I think about it helmet mount wouldn't be pegged to the tip of your board either, cause the head naturally isn't tipped straight forward.

Seems like a much easier deal for skiers. H,mmmm, thoughts??
The GoPro comes with several different mounts. Straps (for helmet and chest), permanent adhesives (curved and flat for surfboards/snowboards and helmets), plus handle bar mounts, arm straps, etc. And the helmet mount pivots, it doesn't just point straight forward. You can easily point it down so it is tracking right in front of you. With the wide-angle lens setting (there are several settings), you'll get the whole mountain. There is a reason why virtually all of the video you see, GoPro or the others, is either a pole mount or a helmet mount; every other part of your body is moving all over the place. The board, too. Ideally, if you have the money, you get a couple of them and mount one to your board, one to you helmet and one to a pole. Then edit them all together when you're home wondering where your $900 went.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote