Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gopro mount advice
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Lol... One cam is enough. Just want to set it and forget it. Edit it later. I don't see how a static helmet cam works on a snowboarder when the head is turning so drastically.

Seems like a board mount or lower leg mount would be more static and orientated the right direction no matter what the upper body is doing.

I figure it's trial and error, which a lot of people on here should have experience with.

You're right on the helmet mount though, that's all I ever see a side from the pole mount.
The head ISN'T turning so drastically. You should generally be watching where you're going, which means you'll be getting steadier video. Think of how much you whip the board around in turns, etc. On steeps you get sick watching it...hop turn, see the trees on the left, hop turn, see the trees on your left. You'd get whiplash just watching it...but your head tends to be looking where you are going (or about to go). Your hips and legs and the board are turning all over the place, though.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote