Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.B. View Post
Ha I just got a kit myself and was going to start this thread.
lol, hurray for Christmas! My Dad used to u-brew about 20 years ago, now he's into his own wine. Has a constant supply of about 300 bottles in his basement so that he's never drinking anything newer than about 1.5 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Jeez, a little longer and they're all going to start singing the stonecutter's song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I brew some kit beers for fridge filler, but mainly other recipes or my own recipes. I do a mix of full grain and extract with specialty grains brewing. Honestly, there isn't a huge difference in final product. The biggest difference is the cost if you're brewing a big beer. That extract gets expensive on 8%+ beers.
Cool! I'm the first to admit I'm more into "wussie" beers than strong IPAs, stouts, etc. A nice 5% white ale with an orange in it would be great by me, the one complicated beer I'd like to try making one day would be a lambic raspberry beer. I think it'd be interesting to do a lambic in Alberta. Seems like most of them are done in belgium and Alberta must have some very different yeasts floating around in the air.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote