Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stomp pads - I just don't get them them.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
THIS!

I am way to obsessed about getting in that next gnarly pow line and dont want to fiddle with a camera. Besides, no matter how great the camera, watching it is noting at all like being there in person. Now I do think video is great for doing movement analisys when coaching but I am filming the rider so they can visually see what I am seeing when we do MA at the end of the session.
Have you actually USED one of these? The only "fiddling" with the camera I do is just part of putting on my gear. Set it up, snap it in the bracket. I leave it on all day. Some rides I turn it on, some I don't. All the "fiddling" required is to reach up to my helmet and press one button. That's all there is, one button. Press it. Click. Ride. Sometimes I forget to click it again at the bottom and I record my lift ride back up, too, but so what? It's about as complicated as putting on a glove. In fact, I'd bet I do more "fiddling" with my gloves than I do with my camera. Jesus...some people will bitch about anything!

The 1080p setting on the GoPro (not the Contour, apparently) is as razor sharp as it gets. The image quality is WAY better than what you posted from your Contour. While I tend to agree that the wide angle tends to take in TOO much, so you sometimes don't get the sense of depth on steeps, there are other settings that do a better job. Funny, the people posting here that hate the GoPro don't actually use one, and the people that use the Contour have either sold it or say their Contour blows. Hmm. Well, as long as you don't look like a Teletubby, I guess!

Last edited by surfinsnow; 12-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote