Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gopro mount advice
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Was hoping to film the run as I see it, so that would be board mount, helmet mount, or leg mount. Starting to sound like a PITA.

It would be alright if the cam just ran all the time and you didn't have to fuck with it unless you wanted to pull footage that was worth pulling.

Maybe I'll get some skis and face forward all day. .....
That all you do. Turn it on, snap it to your helmet. There is ONE button...click it, it starts recording. With a good SD card, it will record for hours. Click once to start, click once to stop. Nothing else to do, no PITA. People are making way too much a big deal about it. I'll just repeat, though, think of all the rapid motion and vibration your board goes through. Think of all the movements your leg is making. That is why the helmet mount is best...it essentially just looks where you're looking, and you'll get much smoother POV video. If you want to watch YOURSELF riding, mount it on your board and point it back up at you instead of pointing it forward. Again, no PITA, just click once and it starts recording. No big deal.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote