Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
C.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
The spread pattern of a shotgun, even on full choke, is such that it is not lethal on the other side of a mall food court like an AR or AK firing a high velocity, flat trajectory round like the .223 or .762 a shotgun is not going to take the masses out like an AR. Kooks pick them because they are effective not because the are easy to get and cheap. There are MUCH cheaper semi automatic rifles out there than these guns. Hell, J&G guns online is always advertising surplus 8MM Mausers for under $100 shipped. I have shot one and they are fun and pack a punch.

Sorry but i grew up hunting and the AR is not the BEST weapon to hunt predators with. In Montana where I gre up, due to the sheep ranchers, there was a $25 bounty on Coyote pelts and we used to earn a lot of money hunting and an AR was not even something we considered. My gun of choice then was 7mm with a 9 power Leopold scope. Most of my buds used 30-06 or 30-30 brush guns.

Edge is right; no rational, same person needs a fucking assault weapon.
There's a reason bear guides carry shotguns with slugs while baiting, they straight up fuck shit up. If people drop deer with them at 200 they could kill across a food court.

AR's are great varmint guns, actually they work very well for the type of deer hunting me and my uncle do as well.