Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #35 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
Once again, the problem is not with guns, my hunting rifles are designed to kill, period! As are ALL guns, what I kill with them is up to me. Not sure how many rattle snakes I killed with my hand gun growing up on the farm, but I'm sure it saved my life more then once. You yourself have stated that you carry an automatic pistol in the outback.
And sorry i couldn't resist this one, seriously you think your hand gun saved you from dying from a rattlesnake bite? Dude i live in a country that has 7 of the top 10 deadly snakes, i grew up in the country where we frequently (every second day) had the 2nd (eastern brown) and 5th (tiger snake) most venomous snake on our back step or in our yard.

You know how many i killed with a gun? ?? ONE and that was cos i had no choice,it came into the house. USUALLY i would just walk away and they in turn, left. So forgive me for thinking that a handgun for snakes is fucking stupid, never mind having to have a great fucking aim, if you are so damn close why would you waste time and shoot it, how bout just walk away.

Ohh and FYI about 12 people die in the US from snake bites every year (most aged 55+). In Australia with all our deadly snakes ww lose statistically 1.5 people per year from snake bites. And i believe most people in both countries were handing snakes or trying to. Maybe instead of shooting at snakes with a handgun you should try and educate yourself on what to do instead.