Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
I've spent the past few weeks gorging my self on home brewing video on youtube. I plan on starting soon. Just trying to decide how far I want to take it. I've got the space and cash that I could go full bore all grain but I'm not sure about that type of commitment to equipment. Also not sure on if I want go right to kegging. Even if I don't home brew much a kegerator still isn't a bad idea for me since I work for a beer distributor and can get all sorts of 1/6 barrels for really cheap.
Do extract with specialty grain first. All of the equipment will carry over when making the jump to full grain, pretty much all you'll need is a mash tun (can be made out of a cooler for relatively cheap - google it) and a bigger brew kettle.

Extract just simplifies and shortens the process giving you less chances to fuck it up. Either way, sanitization is the biggest key. Sanitize the hell out of anything and everything that will touch the wort after the boil. Just keep a sink full of sanitizer on hand when brewing and if in doubt, dunk it.