Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Some input on board and size - Cobra X vs Skunk Ape
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
bozekid

Default Some input on board and size - Cobra X vs Skunk Ape

I was hoping to get a few opinions from some people on a new board and size.

Currently ride a 166 Legacy and love it. I'm 6'2," 250lbs, size 12 boot. Looking to lose some weight, but let's just go off 250lbs for now.

Been riding for about 19-20 years now and mainly focus on powder, steep terrain, groomers, trees and jumps. Don't do rails or hang out in the park. Also love to ride switch down runs.

Looking at either grabbing the Cobra X or Skunk Ape HP and was wanting to go with a shorter length like 161 if my weight would allow it. The 166 isn't the easiest stick to work with in the trees and moguls and would like a different board to choose from.

I was also thinking about a Heritage X as well but the Cobra seems to be more fun.

Get out about 40-50 days a season up at Big Sky, MT so another option would be nice. Also I love the durability of the Never Summer and I'm worried a Lib won't hold up as well. I could be completely wrong, I've just never owned a Lib before.

Thoughts?

All input is appreciated. Thanks.
bozekid is offline   Reply With Quote