Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Jewel First Impressions
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
snowsam17

UPDATE: I rode the Jewel this weekend, at Mount Snow on groomers covered by primarily man-made snow with a few ice patches. I loved it! It was not overly soft, which made it fun for speed laps down groomers and I felt it was decently stable (disclaimer: this is coming from someone who likes soft boards). It handled chop a lot better than my NS circuit, as multiple times I thought I was about to get bucked by a snowpile or something and the Jewel plowed through it. However, it is certainly not a stiff board and was definitely a lot of fun to play around on. It was harder to press than the circuit but not by much, and had much snappier pop. You can really boost off of rollers on the Jewel. I suck at park riding, but it felt great on the 10-15 foot booters I took it off and I had no problems on boxes. Overall, it rode excellently. For a $380 board it was well worth the price and I would highly recommend it for a girl looking for a freestyle-oriented board that is not a jib stick.
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote