Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Some input on board and size - Cobra X vs Skunk Ape
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
bozekid

Thanks for your thoughts linvillegorge. I was just worried if my current weight would allow for a shorter board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
Im kind of in the same boat as you. Im 6'0 245 Size 12 foot and I've been riding a Burton Canyon 173 since 2003. Im also looking at getting a shorter wide board. Riding that 173 was rock solid bombing down a black and floated like butter over pow. But in the trees or moguls, forget about it! Im looking at the Custom X and the Lib Tech Skunk ape. I havent gotten many folks to respond but the ones that did have me leaning to the Skunk Ape 165 but Im just worried that they thought the Custom X 164 was more expensive. Ill keep an eye on your thread and mine. Hopefully someone will chime in. Im looking to pull the trigger today. I think the lib tech is going for about $556.
Damn that 173 must be brutal in trees and moguls. Good to know someone else is having trouble deciding. Either way I want to get another board. I was hoping to go shorter, but if not, it's not a deal breaker. I would like to get something a bit stiffer which is why I was considering the Cobra, Heritage and Skunk Ape Horsepower. Also when my brother visits from back east it's nice to have a good board for him to ride instead of renting crap. Let me know if you pull the trigger on one today. Interested to see which way you go. Thanks restam.
bozekid is offline   Reply With Quote