Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Extract just simplifies and shortens the process giving you less chances to fuck it up. Either way, sanitization is the biggest key. Sanitize the hell out of anything and everything that will touch the wort after the boil. Just keep a sink full of sanitizer on hand when brewing and if in doubt, dunk it.
For what its worth, this is one of the things I remembered from making wine. So yesterday I had a sink full of sanitizer solution that I used for the majority of the brewing process. It helps if you forgot whether you laid that spoon down in an unsanitary location...

Update: My little 1 Gal carboy is in my spare bedroom closet fermenting away! It's got a good bubble going right now, about a bubble every second or two. Some decent foam on top, and about an inch and a half of sediment on the bottom at the moment. It seems VERY dark at the moment but we'll see if that turns more golden as it's racked.

Do you hopebrewers rack or filter to clarify the beer? With wine we just racked a few times and that did it...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote