Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib Tech Hot Knife
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
nethngbtstk

Default Lib Tech Hot Knife

Sick sick board. Just picked it up this weekend and rode 4 days in Stowe VT with 40" over last 72 hrs. This board has it all imo. Speed, carving, pop, did I mention speed and carving?? Oh yes i did but seriously cant say that enough. I brought my 153 T-Rice HP with me for comparison. Very different boards. For me I like high speed all mountain freestyle. The ride the T-Rice is a great all around / all mountain board and it’s sick no questions asked but when you really push it and I’m referring to steep high speed runs with good lines it’s just not the same as the hot knife. The HK (hot knife) is completely stable at high speeds and handles the chop. The board carves like it’s on rails. The main thing I noticed is the nose guides the board into the turn. When on T-Rice I feel it’s more the middle to rear of board pushing through the turn while the HK guides the front through the turn and the rest of board to follow. I can only describe it as rear wheel drive vs all wheel drive. I rode in fresh pow easy 12" plus and just lean back every so slightly and it floats great. Hop out the pow onto groomer and take the f**k off! For jumps it has tons of pop. The harder you pop the higher it goes. It definitely caught me by surprise at first. It’s a dense board too. Eats up the chop and washed out runs. Just all around a great great board. I would highly recommend this to someone how like high speed, great carving, flying off rollers, and all around badass snowboarding!! Yeahhhh

Last edited by nethngbtstk; 01-02-2013 at 02:17 PM.
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote