Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfin View Post
with guns we are citizens, without them we are defenseless sheep. i fully support reasonable gun control laws but i do not support those who, out of ignorance or fear, would try to take away the right to conceal and carry from law abiding citizens.

who wants only the government and criminals to have access to guns?

good people who are well-armed are the counter to well-armed bad people and we cannot count on the police who are normally notified after a crime has been committed.
Ok i'll address a couple of these points but let me first say i believe most people are arguing the ban of Assault rifles, not conceal and carry.

Do you have a valid reason why Assault rifles should be allowed?

Why would it bother you that the government has guns and you don't? Are you that worried that the government will start shooting its citizens? Or that they will have more power than you?

Can someone please tell me when was the last time that an armed civilian took down someone in the middle of killing other people? Like i actually want to know when some random from the public saw someone shooting other people and in turn took them down?

It seems to me that many of these arguments against gun law changes are personal reasons and people afraid of having things taken from them.

In case the tone of any of those responses is offensive i assure you i meant none, just an intelligent debate.