Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #55 (permalink)
huckfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
The first point you still don't give a valid reason as to why Assault weapons should be allowed.

2nd. You still have not said why you think only the government having these weapons and the public not, is bad.

3rd. I am glad to hear that someone armed with a pistol (not not an assault rifle) foiled someones plans to murder people, albeit he didn't kill the gunman but the end result was the same.
1) i am confident that any reason i give you for not banning assault weapons, you will deem 'not valid'. so i won't try. but why don't you give me a good reason for banning them, other than they are scary looking. and also, explain how turning half of your citizens into felons overnight will solve anything but a law enforcement and political agenda; will the gov't start knocking on doors to confiscate guns? i'm sure that will work very well, not! only sane law abiding citizens will follow a gun ban, sane law abiding citizens do not murder people.

2) the gov't will not be the only ones with guns, and it is stupid to even fantasize about it, you tell me how it's humanly possible to confiscate millions and millions of untrackable firearms and get them out of the hands of criminals, you know... the ones that will commit crimes with them.. by doing this you may bring down murder by gun rates, but your crime rate will skyrocket to crazy levels, since you know.. the criminals will know the citizens cannot defend themselves.

3) hangduns account for more crime than assault weapons do.. why do you want to ban assault weapons, and not handguns? since handguns kill far more people than assault weapons. do you have some political agenda or something.. are you in the handgun business? are assault weapons your competitive market?