Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New ebook about the life of a chalet host
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
Wow! It's friendly round here!

Apologies if I offended anyone by posting it here but, as a long term boarder who gets a kick out of the chilled, supportive nature of those who enjoy the sport, I was just hoping to use forums like this to put the word out about something I'm very proud to have written.

If you're not interested in reading or purchasing the book then that is obviously no worries but I've had some really good feedback on it. I'm not a professional writer and just did this as a bit of fun whilst I was in the Alps and to keep a memory of my time there. A few people read it and said I should make it available so that's what I did.

Happy holidays everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
Not at all - the feedback has been from people on other forums who have purchased and read it, I can post links but I don't want to spam lol.

How is posting about my book any ruder than calling it SH*TTY???

In terms of the writing style - I'm not claiming to be a professional writer and it's meant to have a conversational feel, which is something people have said comes across. As you rightly mention, it's self-published so I didn't have the luxury of a ghost writer or a publishing house to pay for several runs of proofreading.

I'm sorry that reading and replying to my post took up precious moments of your time but lets be honest, surely there are worse things in the world to get so irate over?!
Let me point something out here for you about proper Forum etiquette. If you're an already existing member we would welcome you with open arms. You are not! Instead you thought to yourself, hey I'm fucking awesome I turned 30 moved to the mountains for 4 months and got to live the typical douche bag snow carnie lifestyle.

In the process of 4 months of inebriation I somehow managed to document my random misadventures which are nothing special. Now after 4 months of sucking at life and being poor due to making piss poor life decisions I thought I could write a book and sell it to recoup some of my losses.

As a thirty something successful snowboard bum and writer. Your style is horrible, I read the introductory paragraph and subsequent other pages. It's pure trash. Oh look at me I was going into my 30's and had wasted my youth, I needed a change, blah blah blah I'm going to run away and find myself. News flash if you haven't found yourself in the first 25 years of your life you won't find it later on you're a lost cause and should suck on the end of a shotgun. Although in the UK that's probably a bit harder than here in the states so maybe fall off the roof of your flat onto a pile of broken glass.

Whoever said it was worth reading should join you in jumping off their roof. Stupidity encouraging stupidity should be forced to deal with Darwinism.

Oh and yes I'm a dick and it's not nice to say how crappy your book is. But I don't care if you cry out your ass cause it hurts.