Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Short and to the Point
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
TorpedoVegas

More often then not some of these small local shops are staffing their stores with young kids, uneducated in the products they are selling, and more interested in sneaking out for a smoke, then they are in selling me something. I'm the kind of person who will shop online if I have to, but I'm easily sold on quality of service and staff that seem genuinely interested in making me a customer.

This year alone I've walked out of many a store just because I didn't feel comfortable shopping there. Today I went to look at jackets for a boxing day sale...the staff decided to form a huge line for the people waiting to purchase and formed the line down the only aisle that held the jackets I wanted to look at....stupid move..I left, no sale opportunity. I went to the same store looking for boots a while back..wanted to try on some new Nike Ites and the sales kid, who didn't know shit about the product..left to get me a size and was gone for 15 minutes. When he came back he reeked of pot, so it was more important for him to sneak out back then it was for him to get my boots.... That killed the sale for me and I left, went to another store that night and dropped 450.00 on boots.

There are a few smaller shops that I've experienced great service and knowledgable staff. Every time I walk out of those stores I end up with more product in my hands than I intended to purchase. The smaller stores that I see thriving are always the ones with friendly, knowledgable staff, who offer great service and good deals.

There are too many lazy shop owners out there and in their stores..yes, I will use their place as a showroom since that's all they seem to be offering me as a customer.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote