Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Conflicted
Thread: Conflicted
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Efilnikufesin

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
If you tore your rotator cuff, it is going to stay that way until you have surgery. I've got a slight tear in my left rotator cuff. It is not going to get better unless I choose to go under the knife. So basically it's up to you if you can deal with the pain or not. Of course you could make it worse too, but that will probably just motivate you to go see the doc sooner.
Well it does depend on if you have a type I, II, or III tear. A type I (minor tear) can heal on it's own by reducing swelling and limited use. Type II or above will not heal on their own and will require surgery to repair, though there are always different cases.

Edit: Ice the shit out of it, take aleve (naproxin is the OTC name), then ice it more and take more naproxin. When it feels better, continue to ice the shit out of and take naproxin, after that repeat again. Ice for 15 min at a clip and 20-30 min off and repeat several times each night. If you still feel some pain after a couple weeks, you probably need surgery. Best bet, see a doctor to check it out. Do all of the above though either way.

Last edited by Efilnikufesin; 12-26-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote