Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gopro mount advice
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #44 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
I know the GP haters won't get this, but the Contour is pretty much the same size as the GP2 (the GP3 is even smaller). Not the same dimensions, but the same size. Contour crammed their stuff into a tube shape. GP decided upon a rectangle, because they can then fit it with an LCD screen. I love the LCD screen. How does that work on the Contour? And does the Contour go down to 180' underwater? Just curious.
Same volume, sure. And a Ford Escape and a Aston Martin likely occupy the same volume of space too...

What's the point of the LCD screen again? The contour has one switch. Slide on and it turns the camera on and starts recording, slide it back and it's off.

Remember the Contour Roam is waterproof WITHOUT the housing. It's only a small waterproof rating but I have used it for snorkelling, kayaking, and of course all weather snowboarding WITHOUT a case... Have you taken your Go Pro deeper than 10' down in the water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
In my mind, you're not "cool" if you give a shit about whether or not people think you look "cool."
There's form and function. Ideally you'd want the best of both worlds in one product. The GoPro CLEARLY is the underdog in the form category vs. all other helmet cam options I've seen. As you mentioned above function is similar. So what you're essentially saying is that you'd rather buy an ugly product that works the same? I'm not sure I get it.

I certainly put a lot of weight into the function side of my purchase decisions, but to suggest that it makes me somehow "not cool" to also consider form, I just don't understand.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote