Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #1816 (permalink)
Zenhugh

Hi, Just joined the forum and really enjoying the wealth of information on here. I live in Krasnoyarsk in siberia although I'm from Australia. I've been boarding for about 7 years now and learned in NZ which I do an trip every year. Favorite mountain in NZ is Cardrona or Treble Cone if it gets a fresh dump. Boarded most slopes in Oz too.
I'm not sure exactly what level I'm at. Board about 30 days a year, more now I live in siberia. As I'm a bit older and heavier I tend to avoid the park but happy to hit drop offs or kickers. Mostly love to ride back country powder and often do plenty of hiking chasing it.

I'm close enough to 6ft, fluctuate between 86-92kg. (around 193 pounds at the moment). I ride natural and have a size 10 (US) boot. I'm actually shopping for a new board at the moment as i left my current ride (159 Never Summer premier F1) in oz. I'm looking at purchasing a freeride board which handles powder well. It's a trade off as we have deep dry soft powder within 500km (In siberia 500km is local) but the local mountain has very little off piste (trees (taiga) are too thick and close together). My narrow list of boards to buy (as limited range here) is Bataleon Undisputed 163, salomon sick stick 163 or Gnu Billy Goat. After reading some reviews I may consider the NS Heritage as it seems to do everything.
Zenhugh is offline   Reply With Quote