Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Freeride board recommendations
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cburdick1 View Post
Thanks for all of the recommendations. I've also come across the Donek Incline

Incline

Which appears to be a solid board, geared to what I'm looking for. Anyone have the dirt on it?
It was another one of the ones on my list when I was searching this fall. It's a decent board and in the same price range as the Volkl Coal XT and Burton Custom X ($600-700 range). The nice thing about the Donek is they include dimension changes at now extra charge.

If you're willing to go to the $1000+ range the Kessler, Oxess, Virus, and the Donek (w/carbon contruction) may offer something extra. Carbon fibre, kevlar, race base materials, etc. etc. Now that I've tried a BX shaped board I'm kind of sad I didn't earlier. The squared off tips do look weird, but the effective edge of the boards is WAY longer than a traditional board. If carving is what you really want to do with soft boots, I suggest a BX shaped board.

Here's the difference between my Burton T7 159 and Virus Avalanche FLP AFT 160. Should show the shape difference pretty clearly.

poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote