Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib Tech, Rome, or Roxy?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCatt View Post
I am having a really hard time accepting a Roxy, because they are a brand I tend to avoid (snow bunnies are a thing to make me cringe...) but that Eminence doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I felt the same way. It wasn't even in the line up of boards I was considering. The shop I was demoing from had an Envi and suggested I try it out. I had previously demoed a b pro and a lotus from them. I think the Eminence is similar to the Envi except the Emi is a true twin and the Envi is directional twin with a 1/2" set back. don't know about the Ally?

anyway, It's pink and 'pretty' I so badly wanted to hate it. I really really did. I have horrible taste and wanted something with garish graphics and neon green bindings.

I rode the Roxy and I loved it. I took it home with me that day. As stated above it's made at Mervin and most of the Roxys are C2BTX so you can tell yourself it's just a girlie lib tech or something.

I still need to ugly it up some with clashing colored bindings...

Anyway, I believe in try before you buy if at all possible. Just curious why are you replacing the B Pro? oh, I see you need a park board. I think the eminence might be too stiff? it's supposed to be more of a pipe board? I don't know as I wasn't looking for a park board, more all mtn.

Last edited by mixie; 12-26-2012 at 11:45 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote