Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wife crashed coming off lift
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Default Wife crashed coming off lift

We went up Seymour for some night skiing/riding. Riding up the Lodge chair AFTER OUR LAST RUN, the yutz skier on the chair in front of us had a total yard sale getting off the lift, then just lay there as if waiting for a crane to come along and lift him off. The liftie for some reason didn't stop the lift, so my wife and I had to do hard left/right to avoid running over the twerp and his equipment.

Unfortunately, my wife didn't make it. She hooked a ski on one of the bamboo poles trying to get past the scattered equipment and body parts and had a yard sale of her own, culminating in a jammed shoulder and possibly cracked ribs (just bruised as it turns out). We ended up in the first aid station wife getting ice-packed and in a sling.

Aaaaaaaanyway, we spent 3 hours in Emergency, got x-rays, and the doctor said ribs just bruised take advil go home. Still, you can bet I'm gonna hear about it for a while...

I hate the parts between winter

Last edited by Donutz; 12-28-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: I heard about it...
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote