Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
Hmm don't remember saying that about the Cobra. I have considered it - but I don't remember why I shyed away from it. Maybe not as freestyle friendly as the SL due to it being more stiff in the flex.
From my understanding the Cobra is barely stiffer in flex than the SL - far far more playful than say the Heritage (which is more of a twinish shape AND has a carbonium topsheet).

No one can make the final decision for you... I suggest you pick the top two things you do most often and get the board that matches that the best. This is what I think each board is designed for... (although I haven't ridden the Cobra).

SL - freeride (dampness) and freestyle (twinish shape), minor setback makes it decent for powder riding

Cobra - freeriding (dampness, stable) and powder (directional shape) and a tiny bit of freestyling (still soft enough to be playful). and switch riding (according to Snowolf)

Proto - freestyle with some mellow freeriding (lack of dampness becomes an issue when the snow isn't fresh and/or not well groomed) - it is ok in powder, but worse than the other two model because of its blunted tips and true twin shape. This board is obviously the most playful of the three.

Last edited by lonerider; 12-27-2012 at 03:03 AM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote