Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
BoardWalk
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
For what its worth, this is one of the things I remembered from making wine. So yesterday I had a sink full of sanitizer solution that I used for the majority of the brewing process. It helps if you forgot whether you laid that spoon down in an unsanitary location...

Update: My little 1 Gal carboy is in my spare bedroom closet fermenting away! It's got a good bubble going right now, about a bubble every second or two. Some decent foam on top, and about an inch and a half of sediment on the bottom at the moment. It seems VERY dark at the moment but we'll see if that turns more golden as it's racked.

Do you hopebrewers rack or filter to clarify the beer? With wine we just racked a few times and that did it...
If it's a high alcohol beer that's going to be fermenting for more than thirty days I'll rack once. I keg my beer so normally everything will drop out while it sits in the cooler. The first glass will be slop but the rest are usually pretty clear.
BoardWalk is offline   Reply With Quote