Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #100 (permalink)
StreetDoc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Actually, a ban has worked to radically reduce the number of illegal weapons over time in other countries: Japan, for example.

It is estimated by the Department of Justice that 90% of the illegal guns in the US are produced in the US and are either stolen from their legal owners or are sold illegally by licensed gun shops. The attrition rate for existing weapons is generally agreed to be about 2%.

So yes, over time a ban will take away the majority of illegally obtained weapons if adequately enforced.

Whether or not Americans would agree to the enforcement is the fundamental question.

No one I know is going to turn there guns in, if they try to collect them there will be massive blood shed in the mountains. I actually lost all of my weapons just yesterday in a freak canoeing accident. (go figure!) No state trooper would go door to door requesting guns. Way to many mountain folk that don't like the government already. They would have to bring in the military. That would go over real well...

It amazes me all the attitudes of "it couldn't happen here" when you talk about a government take over. Apparently no one paid attention during history class.

I do feel like I need to stay out of the threads here as I have a fundamentally different opinion from 95% of you. I don't think I'm ever going to make new riding friends if I don't lol!!!