Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - GF got me a board
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
MeanJoe

I think this is going to end badly for our OP as the snark and sarcasm are starting to flow. Haha!

Look, first of all your GF bought you this board. So you love it. You understand me here? You. Love. It. You can ride it a bit, replace it later as your skills progress, and keep it mounted on the wall because your GF bought you this board and you love it. (You can take it down after you eventually break-up).

As for the board itself, I think most people here will tell you it is not a quality board. The "promo" type boards tend to be low-end boards that are branded by a beer company and distributers give them away to resorts to hang on walls, as prize give-aways, etc.

That being said, it is not a novelty item, it is a real snowboard and you can ride it all you want. It is probably perfectly acceptable for your first year riding and starting out but that's about it. You will eventually want a better quality board. As mentioned above, if it is a camber board it is going to be a bit more unforgiving when learning. Learning is unforgiving period. No big deal, a lot of us old-timers learned on camber sticks and progressed and so can you. Otherwise, the board does have some "features" that mark it as a lower-price/quality board - cap construction and extruded base stood out to me. But listen, it really doesn't matter because your GF bought it for you.

And you love it, remember that.

MeanJoe - Whose fiancÚ bought him a Canon EOS 50D DSLR with a 28-135mm lens for Christmas which was amazingly awesome and I love it. Even though I've never operated anything more complex than a point-and-shoot. I love it. I never at any time did the mental calculations to determine the equivalent number of new snowboards/bindings/boots/other gear that money would have bought. I really love it, really.
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote