Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NS Proto CT - 154 in pow?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
lkblack

Default NS Proto CT - 154 in pow?

Hi everyone,

Following alot of research and reading I've decided that the Never Summer Proto CT is the new board for me! Only problem is, I can't decide between the 154 and 157

I am 5'11" and weigh around 158lbs/72kgs (tall and skinny build) - currently riding a 158 Salomon Official with size UK10 (US11) Salomon F20 boots. These are low profile boots so waist width will be fine even on the 154.

I really want to go with the 154 as by all accounts it will be easier to butter and better for tight tree runs. Following a serious injury I am no speed demon so am less concerned with stability at high speed...

Everything points towards the 154 but my one concern is - will it be ok in powder? My Official 158 is ok cruising pow and if the Proto CT in 154 matches it then not a problem (from what I have read the Proto rides a couple of cms longer than it's actual length due to the stubby nose and tail and is pretty good in pow thanks to the rocker between the feet)...but I am concerned that I will need even more weight on the back leg to keep the nose up than I currently do on my Official!

Any help/advice would be very, very appreciated...
lkblack is offline   Reply With Quote