Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Photography help.
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephreak View Post
my bad, didnt mean it was an absolute. All of your points are valid, but most of the guys shooting for mags, etc are shooting full frames not PnS's.

Either way, good light, decent camera with good burst, (if dslr, fast glass) and some time in photoshop.
there is a lot of gear that falls between FF and P&S. the 7d is better for sports than the 5dmkII for sure. an APS-C sensor is exponentially bigger than any point and shoot and only really gives way to a FF sensor in low light and in shallow DoF/better looking bokeh - neither of which would effect a photo like that.

i agree that most PROs are using FF cameras primarily, but the 7d is a serious action sports camera. with L series glass it is legit. sometimes the 1.5x crop factor of an APS-C body is a real advantage (wildlife, snowboarders way up a mt.)

i'm not really disagreeing with anything you're saying - just trying to fill in the blanks a little. FF cams are $$$ and you could easily get this shot with many crop-sensor bodies. its more about the glass and the person attached to the finger hitting the shutter - and of course: the light.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote