Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on lessons
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Punkulf

Default Advice on lessons

Hi ,

i'm a complete newbie at this sport. Went snowboarding before (2 times) but more than 10 years ago, and broke bones early in the day each time.

I want to go back because I remember enjoying it despite the pain. What made me wanna go back after 10 years? Got a board that was given to me, Capita Extreme Stairmaster 2008 with burton bindings. The board is a little bit beaten but the edges are nice. There is a kind of little crack under it, about 10 inches long, going lenghtwise on the board, center right, not touching the edges at all. I tought at first it was a scratch but it has a kind of staircase pattern to it. Anyone has an opinion? I will send it to my nearest board shop for complete tune-up and see what they think of it... I would really like it to be okay cuz i'll be saving on rentals...

I will be taking lessons. Now my question is about that. I really wanna leave with a positive experience out of it. That's why i'll get a private instructor. I am 34 and don't wanna be in a group with 8 years olds... How many hours shall I book? Money is not an issue as I think lessons is the best investment for a beginner. I don't wanna do crazy tricks, just leave with a positive experience. I live really close to the mountains in Quebec so I could also do multi-days lessons, or should I do them all in one day?

any advice?

tanx!
Punkulf is offline   Reply With Quote