Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib Tech, Rome, or Roxy?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noreaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCatt View Post
Hey thanks for the responses guys.
Crossing the Ally off my list, but I can't shake the Lo-Fi because I have a really nice deal on last season's model...

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the GNU Velvet Guru or the Ladies Choice?
Here's my take on Velvet Guru, mind me I rode it for only half a day and couldn't get it in my size so it was longer than I would have preferred.

The overall impression was... meh. It kind of aspires to be both an all-mountain and a park board and vacillates uneasily between the two. Moderately soft, nearly not as poppy as Ollie Pop, nearly not as aggressive as B-Pro. What threw me was this weird sensation of grabby edgehold that was slowing me down considerably during each turn. I read somewhere that it was nimble and its technology allows for great responsiveness. I didn't find it to be true. It may have been I simply had too little time to adjust to the board, but even so it just felt like a good middle of the road deck for an intermediate rider who wouldn't want to particularly push herself. I'm going to go out on the limb here and say that I don't think it's worth the money.

Sorry, I can't say anything about Ladies Choice.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote