Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
So i've been doing a bit of reading - and it seems that the Cobra is an upgraded SL - with the same dampness and flex. The only major two differences are the tail shapes and the carbon top. Though to be fair I have read that the flex is a bit stiffer than the SL. By the same token, I have also read that it pops much better than the SL.

Can anyone confirm this after riding? I'm sure I'd be happy in all honesty with the proto, sl, or the cobra - but now that I'm in my mid to late twenties versus getting the first board at 13 - you want to pick one after much thought instead of grabbing anything

Maybe the cobra is the board to go for? It seems to have adopted the Proto's features on the tail, it uses Carbonium, and keeps the same specs as the SL. Kind of the best of both worlds? Though unlike the twin tips, it has a more gradual nose and sharper tail, which allows the back to sink into pow as far as I understand. Not that useful on the East Coast (I ride at Holiday Valley), but for trips out west it may be a good all around board.

Thoughts? My only concern would be riding switch and how it handles that. I don't ride switch for the whole run, but I like to mix it up with the butter here and there.
Well the Cobra is only available this season... so not many people have actually ridden it aside from Leo and Snowolf - both of them have posted long, positive review threads that wax poetically about the wonders of Never Summer (search for them). I plan to demo it sometime this season.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote