Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
He also said the following thing in the comments section

Jdang, what board do you have now? Still and Evo? (I can't remember if you said you were getting a Cobra).
Yup, thats' why I say Proto/SL on crack. It looks to be a mixture of a bunch of different boards.

No Evo. I bought a Coda and loved it last year in Tahoe, so I grabbed a Westmark to fool around with down here in shitty So Cal resorts (Mt High, Bear/Summit). Yes getting a Cobra. But saving it for the bigger resorts when I make a trip (possibly Tahoe in a few weeks, looking at SLC, and Mammoth in February). Going to powder chase with it if I can.

I could still ride the cobra in So Cal but it'd be mostly pointless. Bear/Summit at least has a semi-long run. and I've ridden the SL there. And I really do mean Semi-long. I'm just getting to know the Westmark so I'll keep pounding on that locally. Had a fucking thigh bruise my first day out (from a trip to Asia) and couldn't even lift my front leg. So ollie's were so fucking painful I grimaced when even starting to try one. But the westie seems to a little less poppy than the Coda.

I didn't find the Evo that poppy (but I still suck). The SL felt better on the small jumps I do take.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote