Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on lessons
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
onefutui2e

not sure how much time you'll have, but after taking lessons myself over the past two years that were free with some packages, i can say that once you get your fundamentals down and solid (to your instructor's standards, not your own), you should probably take a freestyle clinic.

even if you don't care much for "park" or "tricks", IMO you can benefit from many of the principles involved in freestyle riding. in addition to pressing, jumps, etc., you also learn a lot about how to dynamically control your board (as opposed to the heel-toe philosophy a lot of newbies learn, which is okay). it will really make your riding much more interesting and fun, while also making it sharper.

again, this is AFTER your fundamentals are solid, and i don't know what your schedule of lessons look like. i had about 5 days worth of lessons and they spent the first 1.5 making sure i knew what i was doing before getting into any freestyle, and this was after i had already boarded for 20-30 days for 3 years.

otherwise, IdahoFreshies is on the money.
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote