Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #100 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
My semi-auto 30-06 has a 10 round capacity, and I can buy an extended mag that holds 20 rounds. This thing is designed to drop a buck at 50+ yards and will spit bullets as fast as I can pull the trigger.
Which is why Australia banned all semi automatics, and it has worked for us. In fact you may not own a weapon that holds more than 3 rounds, unless you are an olympic shooter or something like that. And i believe there are some exceptions depending on if you live out in the sticks.

Quote:
I'll say it again, this is a social issue that can not be regulated away. Until the U.S. realizes this, we will continue to have these kind of problems. As a society we need to focus on parenting, education, mental health, and creating opportunities for people to make a stable life for themselves and their families. When you have large groups that are unstable, depressed, or plain 'ol bat shit crazy that have no focus, no real reason to go on, it's inevitable that a percent of those are going to snap. Limiting the number of bullets that can be fired without re-load (think DC sniper) or the type of gun those bullets are fired out of, will do nothing to stop this.
Some really good and valid points, education is key, parenting and mental health issues is also something that needs to take the bulk of the responsibility.

Where you are wrong is that you assume that limiting the guns and mag capacities wont do anything. Well it will do something, it will stop the average joe who wants to murder a lot of people from obtaining these weapons EASILY. Good for you and your contacts for illegal guns, I'm sure most people could scrounge one up if they had to. The point is that most citizens who are law abiding will not pursue this.

Quote:
You saying you know more about America then someone who was born and raised here is stupid. You know what you read in the papers, see on the news, or read on the internet. So you've visited here? Big deal, you saw one small cross section of the U.S. and from your description you must have been hanging out with some thug life wanna-be's, other then my former profession I have never had a gun pulled on me in 43 years of living here. Someone who grows up in NYC is going to have a different view of America then someone who grows up in the mid west.
Well i lived there, I frequent there every year, I am married to an American, i have spent time in 40 of the 50 states, I went to college there and am as well educated as I can be. I have lived in Europe, Asia, North America and Australia, worked in all of those continents and raised my family in most of them.

SO YEAH i would say i know more than many people born and raised there. Shit i will guarantee it. MOST Australians know more about the US than US citizens know about the rest of the world. As you stated it is about education and sorry to say the US education system leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

And before you ask, i was on scholarship for basketball which is why i went to Uni there, otherwise i would have completed my studies here. (Which i have done a masters since returning).

No I didn't hang out with some "thug life" wanna be's, i was in a town called Lafayette Louisiana, where most people hunted on the weekends and carried pistols in their cars. Oh the gun pulling was in Denton texas (hardly a big city or gang controlled NYC).

Last edited by cjcameron11; 12-27-2012 at 08:49 PM.