Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
If the Cobra has the same dampness and flex of the SL - but with the added benefit of Carbonium and a better powder riding experience, isn't it then a SL board, with the benefits of Proto tips, and better powder?

Essentially it's an "SL +1"?

I get the feeling some are saying it's mainly a powder rider... 95% of my riding isn't in powder... so the SL or proto would be better... however if I can get a board that combines the two with some extra... it seems like a good choice?
No. The Cobra has a different nose/tail shape than the SL, which is a twin with setback and I believe directional flex. The Cobra is not a twin at all, it has a spoon nose and spaded tail for powder.

I don't understand people leaning toward the Cobra for a quiver killer at all. I'd ride one, but it would only come out on DEEP days. I weigh 175lbs and can ride my 54 proto in pretty deep snow. This thead has devolved after the very first page into complete overthinking and wrong thinking imo.

Linvillegorge was spot on in the first place. Even the Heritage would be a better choice than the Cobra imo.