Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stiffest good boot?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
slapya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
No... a responsive boot/good fitting boot is a 10 times more important than a responsive binding... even if you had a "perfect" binding... you are still going to have issues if you feet swim around in your boot.

I rode K2 Clicker boots back in the day... I recommend trying Nitro Selects or Salomon Malamute... but you are going to have to try them out for yourself as what is most important is whether the boot fit your foot well in terms of shaping. Burton Driver are pretty stiff too.

I've been riding traditional straps for a decade since I switched away from Clickers... but I just bought a pair of NX2-AT Flowsbindings (I was against the idea of Flow binding for over a decade, but have been convinced by people on this forum to give them a try)... I'll let you know when I get a chance to try them out.
Cool thanks much - I have ordered some Burton Driver-X and DC Status X Travis Rice boots from Zappo's since I can try and return. Tough to find my size also (7). Local places rarely have my size in what I want to try on.
slapya is offline   Reply With Quote