Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Use current bindings or EST's?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmart36 View Post
Hi - I received a crazy deal on a new board (custom flying V) and wanted to get some opinions. Is it necessary to use the EST bindings? When I say necessary, I mean is there a noticeable difference? I am happy with my existing bindings (2008 Triads), but if there will be a good difference with the EST bindings, I am willing to upgrade. I have already ordered the Malavita EST's, but will take them back unless there are some valid reasons I should keep them considering my current bindings and the new custom flying v board I got. Thanks!
Nah, it's not necessary, especially if you're happy with the bindings you have.

Some reasons....
-canting (If you're interested or have tried and like it)

-"board feel" I may be a little too n00bish to comment on this, but while I can tell there's a difference, there's not enough of one for me to call this a deal maker.

-The Malavitas have the hinge, which I actually like, it makes my feet less tired and you really have just the slightest amount more oomph when snapping an ollie. (As well as I can snap it.)

Re:Flex is the perfect combination of the two. More board flex/feel, additional tech that's in the EST bindings aaaaaaaaand they work on any board.

/useless ramblings.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote