Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New ebook about the life of a chalet host
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
Whoracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
How is it not your responsibility to censor what you say to someone who hasn't even reached his teens yet? Over a post about some goggles? As someone who has apparently suffered from bullying (not sure what form yours took since it was in speech marks) surely you can understand how irrational and unnecessary it is?

In regards to hiding behind a computer screen, I would gladly meet up with anyone on here to discuss it face to face. Maybe somewhere half way but then I reckon most those posting this crap won't have passports...
It is not my responsibility, because his PARENTS should be censoring what he VIEWS. I know at 12 I wasn't allowed to use the computer unsupervised, and surely was not allowed to register for a message board (that probably has an age requirement). I am not saying that there arent quite a few people here who could stand to tone it down, but there is such a thing as free speech, and you should monitor yourself/children and not rely on others to be perfect upstanding moral citizens.
The reason I put bullied in quotes is because I was not endlessly tormented, nor beat up, but I had very few friends and was made fun of for being overweight in junior high and highschool. Bullying these days is usually quite a bit worse with all the social media. Instead of wallowing in it though, i ignored it and didn't go around the people. If this twelve year old didnt like the responses from others he could have left, no one was tracking his facebook page, or making threatening phonecalls to his house.