Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

I think you should wait until you get to Whistler.

There are so many pro riders that get shit loads of free boards that live in Whistler. They could care less how much they get for that free board.

Have a little look in the Whistler Craigslist, maybe a few days before you leave check it out, find a couple you like, research them, then when you get there, pull the trigger.

You'll probably save a few hundred $$$, if your not set on a specific brand.

A couple months ago I bought a Ride Slackcountry with Ride EX bindings for $150, that's a $1000 setup.
Then I got him to sell me a pair of 2013 Ride El Hefe's(reg $400) for $100.

In about ten min I'm leaving to drive 2 hours each way, to go buy a pair of brand new 2013 Ride RFL boots for... Ready... $100 bucks.

Trying to find the perfect board before you by it, is almost impossible IMO.
You'll end up payin' way more & you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I just snapped the Slackcountry after riding it for 30 feet, I never even got to try it. It broke my heart as well, I really wanted it to be my go to powder slaying monster deck.
But @ least it didn't cost me an arm & a leg

Worst case scenario, you get to try a board a while, sell it for more than what you paid & buy something else.

Lib Tech Box scratcher
Full rocker, & magna-traction. I just got banana a while ago, a 156, I usually ride @ least a 160 & I was surprised how well it rode in the powder.
So even though it's a 151 with your weight, it would rock the powder.

Pretty damn good Ice coast stick as well

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote