Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
There are so many pro riders that get shit loads of free boards that live in Whistler. They could care less how much they get for that free board.

I just snapped the Slackcountry after riding it for 30 feet, I never even got to try it.
You just learned something I learned a decade ago when going to a pro rider swap sale during the summer at Mt. Hood... a lot of those boards the pro riders are selling, if used, have the crap ridden out of them... and that's part of the reason why they are so cheap.

Pro riders are generally very poor and are not stupid (well not THAT stupid)... they generally try to get as much money as possible for the board in the minimum amount of effort.

Quote:
In about ten min I'm leaving to drive 2 hours each way, to go buy a pair of brand new 2013 Ride RFL boots for... Ready... $100 bucks.
So 4 hours of driving... at roughly 70 miles an hour = 280 miles, assuming you get 20 miles per gallon (sorry not going to switch to metric), that's 14 gallon... at $4 USD a gallon, that's $56 USD in gas. And... if you worked a minimum wage job at $10 an hour, that's another $40 - so the true cost of those boots is about $200 - that's a decent deal... but it took extremely measures to get that deal (you could get roughly the same discount if you bought last year's model... and rarely does something improve so dramatically the next year).

Last edited by lonerider; 12-27-2012 at 06:51 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote