Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #102 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Which is why Australia banned all semi automatics, and it has worked for us. In fact you may not own a weapon that holds more than 3 rounds, unless you are an olympic shooter or something like that. And i believe there are some exceptions depending on if you live out in the sticks.

Some really good and valid points, education is key, parenting and mental health issues is also something that needs to take the bulk of the responsibility.

Where you are wrong is that you assume that limiting the guns and mag capacities wont do anything. Well it will do something, it will stop the average joe who wants to murder a lot of people from obtaining these weapons EASILY. Good for you and your contacts for illegal guns, I'm sure most people could scrounge one up if they had to. The point is that most citizens who are law abiding will not pursue this.

Well i lived there, I frequent there every year, I am married to an American, i have spent time in 40 of the 50 states, I went to college there and am as well educated as can be. I have lived in Europe, Asia, North America and Australia, worked in all of those continents and raised my family in most of them.

SO YEAH i would say i know more than many people born and raised there. Shit i will guarantee it. MOST Australians know more about the US than US citizens know about the rest of the world. As you stated it is about education and sorry to say the US education system eaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

And before you ask, i was on scholarship for basketball which is why i went to Uni there, otherwise i would have completed my studies here. (Which i have done a masters since returning).

No I didn't hang out with some "thug life" wanna be's, i was in a town called Lafayette Louisiana, where most people hunted on the weekends and carried pistols in their cars. Oh the gun pulling was in Denton texas (hardly a big city or gang controlled NYC).
Oh brother!! First you brag about getting a free education for bouncing a ball around, then you say our education system sucks? You have no clue what its like to grow up in a ghetto, cold and starving, with no way out, no opportunities. You have no idea what its like to be indoctrinated into a militant hate group in the backwoods of the south. You have no idea what its like to watch your 20/hr job go to China and being forced to figure out how to raise a family on min. wage. You hung out with a bunch of silver spoon idealists that think you can swipe a pen and fix everything. I'm sure you know everything about everything so there is no point debating anything with you, when you open your mind to the fact that the universe doesn't revolve around your perfect intelligence, then maybe you will open your eyes to the real world. We will ban all weapons declared evil by your Eminence, let the stand off's begin.