Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New ebook about the life of a chalet host
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #64 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
Oh man - and I was quite proud of that lol! Keeps this thread up top though doesn't it..........
Translation: You aim for short term gain and don't give a crap about the long term results.

You are everything I hated about working in corporate marketing, too short sighted to see that the long term results could be 100 times better if there was actual focus on relationships instead of getting a short term ROI.

Even off the top of my head I bet you'd have gotten 10 times more sales by giving away free copies of the book initially and using that to build up goodwill and good reviews.

Then you could leverage that into an audience that actually cares about what you write and you could get your book on snowboard blogs with real influence because they see that you're part of the community.

But all of this also assumes your book doesn't suck and I have no idea how your book reads since I tried to read the preview and got annoyed at your lack of proper paragraphs.