Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner Boarder can't find comfortable stance
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
mattybee

Default Beginner Boarder can't find comfortable stance

Hey all - I've been snowboarding probably 5-6 days total. I've rented snowboards each time and I finally went ahead and bought a burton snowboard with channels for bindings. It's been a few years since the last time i went so i don't remember the setup I had last time.

However...I can't find a comfortable stance. I know I'm "regular" stance (left foot forward) but no matter what +/- setup I do with my feet, my back knee always feels weird. It feels that my back foot (right foot) wants to lean forward. Right now I'm 20 degrees on my left foot and I've tried everything from 0 to -15 degrees on the back to positive degrees on the back. Each time my back right knee feels bad. It feels like my stance is too wide for my knees. So I tried to shorten the width of the stance and that didn't help much. I don't want to go too short on the width so I lose control of the board. It feels like I just need a half inch of lift on the right side of my right foot so the stress on my right knee goes away.

If i'm casually standing on the floor with shoes, it seems I need about 15 degrees on the front and -5 on the back.

any suggetions?

Last edited by mattybee; 12-27-2012 at 08:11 PM.
mattybee is offline   Reply With Quote