Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heelside carving problem!?!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88 View Post
Poutanen. Please post me a link to one of those hardboot forums. I would like to read a little what they like to discuss about in my idle time haha.

Could you kindly remind the new board you are using now, if you have already mentioned it somewhere in the forum earlier.

I understand your frustration. When we heelside chatter people put so much conscious effort into assuming some new body movements upon some advice, just in the hope of getting rid of that chatter and regain some of that steep slope confidence ...... we are pretty miserable, and even more so if we do not get consistent improvements after each run. And at the same time, toeside edge-hold is a piece of cake no matter if you enter the turn hard or mellow.

You were not touching the snow? Care to elaborate?
Not sure if I'm allowed to link to another forum on here... I'll post this link as it's really not a competing forum to this one. heelside chatter

The board I'm riding is the Virus Avalanche FLP AFT 160. The effective edge is over 140 cm on it, vs 123 cm or so for the T7 so it REALLY rails. Not as hard as a hardbooter but leaps and bounds over a traditional shaped freeride board.

Not touching the snow meant that I was loading the board enough to actually catch a bit of air when transitioning from edge to edge. I used to do it on the old board too, yesterday was the first time I've really got into it carving turn after turn on the new board.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote