Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
You just learned something I learned a decade ago when going to a pro rider swap sale during the summer at Mt. Hood... a lot of those boards the pro riders are selling, if used, have the crap ridden out of them... and that's part of the reason why they are so cheap.

So 4 hours of driving... at roughly 70 miles an hour = 280 miles, assuming you get 20 miles per gallon (sorry not going to switch to metric), that's 14 gallon... at $4 USD a gallon, that's $56 USD in gas. And... if you worked a minimum wage job at $10 an hour, that's another $40 - so the true cost of those boots is about $200.

I normally only buy new boards, unless they are stupid cheap. The Slackcountry was basically brand new, it didn't have a scratch.
& I'll agree with what your saying. The guy I'm buying the boots off, is the same guy as all the other shit.
Apparently, this guy is a photographer. He lives in a big fancy house & has a garage full of brand new gear. I don't really care if he is or not. Garage full of gear, he's my guy.

Pro's aren't the only ones sellin' shit for cheap in Whistler, people are given decks as promo's, & there are lots of spoiled kids that just don't have a clue or give a shit.

I've been snowboarding for 25 years, this isn't new to me. If you were to pay full price for the amount of boards I ride in a season, well, you better be high rollin'. I mean really high rollin', I've already gone through about 6 or 7 boards & this will be my 4th pair of boots.
Were just under a month in & I got 4 maybe 5 more to go.
I just don't like forkin' out large anymore, I'd rather @ least make a little to try tonnes of new gear.

It's as much of a hassle, as it is to go buy a new board. Probably less, I don't do as much research.

Actually it's more like 1.5 hours each way, but if I were to buy them locally it's an hour drive.
& thank god, I got rid of the gas whore 5.9 liter Dodge Ram truck I had, those boots would work out to be about $400. My little Sunfire should do it for about $20-$25.

So, say $125 for $360 pair of bootties, how's that bad?

I don't like working in the winter, it takes away from my snowboarding.
I work long & hard in the other seasons so I don't have to in the winter.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now   Reply With Quote