Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard stolen @Reno
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
ComeBack_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by element View Post
Just got in to board at Tahoe, and some jacked my board bag (bright blue plaid Dakine low roller) off the luggage rack before i could get to it.

If someone around reno/Tahoe sees a 2010/2011 Raygun 161 with an Austin Tricyclist sticker on it- report them/post back/whatever u can, im pretty sure im the only one thatd put that kinda sticker on a snowboard...
I used to live in Tahoe and have flown in and out of Reno dozens of times... I know the exact oversized bag area you're talking about and how it is literally right next to the exit doors, which most of the time are not manned by airport personnel.

The (kind of) good news? The airline is liable up to a certain amount, depending on what was in the bag. My buddy had his ski bag stolen in Washington, and the airline paid him in full for their value. Make sure you have a police report, everything is documented, and then make a claim with your flight provider.

Good luck man.
ComeBack_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote