Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Arbor boards

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  freshy 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience or whatever with these boards, particularly with the wasteland or a-frame? Been riding Libs for over a decade and wish I could afford another this year, but my local shop is selling all Arbors for $299.
The tech and reviews I have found seem pretty good, but I'd love to hear from people from here.

#2 ·
Wow all Arbors for 299? Must be last year's or the year before gear. But ether way that is a good price. I picked up my Arbor Element CX (camber) for 299 and my Arbor Cascade (rocker similar to Element RX) for about the same. Both I got as last year's model. What type of riding are you doing? If they have an Element RX those are pretty sweet good all mountain attacker.

#4 ·
i have a 2010-2011 Westmark. Great board and I love how it rides. The grip tech works pretty well on ice without that weird feeling the magnetraction gives you. They're IMO one of the few companies that can put out a true rocker board that still rides very close to a regular camber board. You can't go wrong with one.

Only issue I have is the durability doesn't seem to be there. After a season of use the top sheet was pocked with chips pretty much all over. The base also seems to be very soft as I've had to base weld it twice when i took deep cuts into it.

#5 ·
Ill mostly be free riding in the trees looking for pow, and almost no park cept the odd pipe run.
Not sure if its rocket or camber or last years or 2013's. They just say stepchilds and arbors reg $399 - $750 all for $299. just wanted to know if I should get exited or not. Gonna think about it till the weekend.

Sucks the durability sounds like it could be better, but seems like performance and price might outweigh that a little.

#8 ·
i think the durability is hit or miss enough that it might just be a case of bad luck on the part of those who report it. all i know is i've ridden my other board, a 2011-2012 Gnu's Riders Choice much harder (about 70% runs in the glades, jibbing off sides, etc.) for a season and aside from needing wax and some dings on the tip and tail from the lack of a metal edge there, the base is completely intact. this was during a very weak winter season too.

but at best this is anecdotal. you can't go wrong with the price. if you don't run into durability issues, great. if you do, well it's not like you're breaking the bank. win-win for you.

#11 ·
i think the durability is hit or miss enough that it might just be a case of bad luck on the part of those who report it.QUOTE]

The same can be said of any board out there, or product for that matter. I'm just speaking from my personal experience as well as witnessing the 3 guys in my crew that ride Arbors almost exclusively with great "luck."

#10 ·
Thanks for the input guys, think I'm gonna pull the trigger and pick one up tonight or tomorrow if they have the right size and model. Yea for that price I figured I couldn't go wrong. Time for the dark series to retire to rock board, and hopefully that will keep the arbor base ship shape for a few seasons.
Trying to not get too stoked till I know what they got in stock.

#12 ·
love my Blacklist and also liked the Element RX that I demo'd last winter.

As far as durability is concerned it is holding up pretty well after half a season on rails & jibs, and I slammed it base-first in to a tree on Tuesday (I failed to 'thread-the-needle' on a sketchy log jib dismount, it was either me or the board) and it survived even though I'm probably pushing 215 lbs these days.

#13 ·
I think we need to define durability. So far with the Coda and the Westmark, they get "ugly" quicker. Still ride-able, still performs the same, they're just ugly after a few days. Chips up top, scratches galore on the bottom. Not regular scratches either, ugly ones you want to shave off. One part of my coda looks like someone took a cheese grater to it. And this was after riding groomers :laugh:

But once they're ugly, they're ugly and that's that. It didn't get any worse when I went to squaw and alpine and was riding much more varied terrain that at Bear.

Never Summers for example don't degrade that fast.

But if we're talking about durability, as in the board breaking in half or splitting, I don't see much of that. The sintered bases due seem to degrade pretty fast though, requiring maintenance.

#14 ·
agreed with your definition. your experience/descriptions pretty much mirrors mine, with the addition of the two deep cuts that required base welds. this is again, anecdotal, but when i compare the bases of my westmark with my other boards, it definitely feels softer. take that as you will.

and i agree triple8sol, that's why i said it's anecdotal. i don't have enough beef about my board (i still love it, still ride it) to want to do an in-depth study on this, but it seems like there's at least a group of people on this forum who experienced similar that there might be something to the claims. all good otherwise. your mileage may vary. :laugh:

#15 ·
I've been riding Lib or Gnu for about the same amount of time as the OP. Been on a '10/11 Riders Choice and picked up an Arbor Coda this year. I think Arbors parabolic rocker (or whatevs) is a fun change of pace to the C2BTX.

Coda is a little more playful that the RC. RC is a little more stable when bombing. I tend to ride my Coda when conditions are ideal and my Riders Choice when I need to bust through crud all day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.